|"The Grip of Damocles"|
|Original Air Date||September 21, 2008|
|English Air Date||May 30, 2009|
|Written by||Ichirō Ōkouchi|
|Directed by||Akira Toba|
The Grip of Damocles is the twenty-fourth episode of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2.
The Black Knights manage to board the Avalon, while Lelouch escapes in the Shinkirō with C.C. holding Kallen at bay long enough for him to escape. Using Nina's F.L.E.I.J.A. Eliminator, Lelouch and Suzaku successfully break into the Damocles. Believing Lelouch to be trapped, Schneizel sets the Damocles' self-destruct sequence and attempts to leave. However, Lelouch manages to outsmart Schneizel and uses his Geass to force him into obedience. Suzaku and Gino battle outside the fortress, with Gino unable to hold out against him. Using his last attack, Gino takes out the Damocles barrier, allowing Kallen to replace him in the sortie. Meanwhile, Lelouch confronts Nunnally, who reveals she has regained her sight which he thought she lost.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
Knightmare Frames in Order of AppearanceEdit
- Battle of Mt. Fuji (Continued)
Powers or Abilities usedEdit
- "Is there nothing left for the world except to cower before the crushing might of the F.L.E.I.A.'s?" -Sayoko
- "The one thing I'll fight for is a future." -Suzaku
- Conversation between Lelouch and C.C.
- "Lelouch don't you hate me for cheating you out of your own life? By giving you your Geass I affected your life and drastically changed your fate." -C.C.
- "That doesn't sound like you, the immortal witch. C.C. the Geass power that you gave me, it only put me on the path that would me to my destiny and nothing more. Everything that followed was my choice." -Lelouch
- "In all my life I've never met a man like you." -C.C.
- Conversation between Kallen and C.C.
- "You have no country. You have nothing to avenge. You also don't have a shred of ambition. Someone who has no reason to fight should just leave." -Kallen
- "I've made a reason to fight, a promise." -C.C.
- "Are you saying that you love Lelouch?" -Kallen
- "I don't know. I believe the time has finally arrived for me to stop accumulating experiences and start living." -C.C.
- "That makes you sound almost human." -Kallen
- Well done. Kallen I concede you win." -C.C.
- "Don't care because to me it doesn't matter. Bye now." -Kallen
- "Winning or losing i never would have thought that those feelings were still inside me, alive and well." -C.C.
- Conversation between Lelouch and Schneizel
- "I have a question. Were you intending to use the Damocles as a tool to dominate the world?" -Lelouch
- "I wasn't. I only wanted to give everyone what they wanted. To bring peace to civilization." -Schneizel
- "Disregarding humanities true nature?" -Lelouch
- "That's a matter of opinion." -Schneizel
- "Then you actually imagined that you could maintain the world in a perpetual state of now, but life without change might be called anything except life. It's nothing more than experience." -Lelouch
- "But link those together and they become knowledge right?" -Schneizel
- "Schneizel you truly are superior. So superior you can't even see it. Yes, Emperor Charles sought the past, you seek the present, but I seek the future." -Lelouch
- "But the future may prove to be worse than the present." -Schneizel
- "No, it will be better because no matter how long it takes people will continue to seek out happiness." -Lelouch
- "Even though that will end up making people greedy. Ha ha ha ha. Your folly also knows no limit. You're really too emotional about this. Hopes and dreams are merely names for aimless fiction." -Schneizel
- "You're restricted since you belong to the symbol known as the royal family which looks down on the world. I've seen it over and over. The people who struggle against sadness, those who seek the future, how they all carry on wishing for happiness. Human nature is why I chose Geass and to wear a mask." -Lelouch
- "Lelouch you're contradicting yourself. You, who continually deny the will of others, are standing here before us affirming humanity. That's enough. Kill me now and be done with it, but a F.L.E.I.A. will still decimate you. We will gladly give our lives to bring peace to the world." -Shneizel
- "And that's how I came to my decision, that I'd give you the gift of the words, 'You shall serve Zero'." -Lelouch
- "What right have you to deny my existence? You have none." -Lelouch