|Full Name||Leila Malcal|
|Aliases||Leila von Breisgau|
|Hair Color||Light Blonde|
|Eye Color||Light Purple
|Date of Birth||a.t.b. December 17, 2000|
|Height||165 cm (5'5")|
|Known Relatives||Stephan Malcal (Adoptive Brother)|
Daniel Malcal (Adoptive Brother)
Johann Malcal (Adoptive Brother)(Fiancé)
Brad von Breisgau (Father)
Claudia von Breisgau (Mother)
|Title||Commander of W-0|
|First Appearance||The Wyvern Arrives (episode)|
|Last Appearance||From Memories of Hatred|
|Voiced by||Maaya Sakamoto (Japanese)|
Emanuela Pacotto (Italian)
|See Code Geass: Akito the Exiled|
Leila Malcal (レイラ・マルカル, Reira Marukaru) is the secondary protagonist of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. Leila comes from a family of former Britannian aristocrats and she is a military officer in the E.U. Army. She works under Gene Smilas and is Akito Hyuga's superior and the Commander of the W-0 Unit.
She has very long blonde hair and light purple eyes. She is often shown wearing her military uniform.
Character History Edit
Leila lost her parents during a terrorist bombardment when she was six years old. She was the sole survivor. Later, on a cold and snow night, she meets a green hooded woman who gives her the power of geass.
Leila Malcal is the daughter of a Britannian noble family that disagreed with the dated system of rule in the empire, which made them defect to the E.U. as exiles. Born in Europe, Leila was adopted by the Malcal family after the deaths of her parents. She became a Major in the E.U. Army and originally served as an adjutant to Commander Anou in the W-0 Unit. Leila planned the military operation known as Operation Alpha with the objective of rescuing the surrounded 132nd Regiment in Narva. However, Leila confronted Anou over his last minute decision to use Japanese youngsters for suicide attacks and finally removed Anou from his command position. After the success of the operation, she was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel by General Smilas and given direct command of the W-0 Unit.
"I want the power to live on my own."
- "Leila" is a widely renowned Arabic and Hebrew female name stemming from Semitic roots meaning "night". Alternatively, it can mean "born at night" or "dark beauty".
- "Malcal" could refer to the Malcals, a major ethnic group residing in the Tikrai Valley in Pakistan. The name "Malcal" or "Malkaal" itself is derived from the fusion of two Arabic terms: "Malik" (A King/ One who rules) and "Aal" (family of), thus "Family of the King" or "Family of the one who rules". This makes sense given that Geass is considered "the Power of the Kings" and Leila possesses a Geass.
- Leila Malcal's Seiyuu Maaya Sakomoto also did Tomoyo Daidouji from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
- Leila's relationship with Akito can be compared to the likes of Aina Sahalin, Nina Purpleton, and Selene Mcgriff from the Gundam universe.
- Leila's character design resembles Primera from Clamp's Magic Knight Rayearth and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.