Z-01/T Lancelot Grail
Prototype Seventh Generation Knightmare Frame
Grail Air Cavalry (combination with Bradford)
The Lancelot Grail (ランスロット・グレイル, Ransurotto Gureiru), is a prototype mass-production Knightmare Frame developed by Camelot, based on the design and data from Suzaku Kururugi's Lancelot while in Area 11. It was built as the initial prototype for the Lancelot's mass-production model, the Vincent. While possessing decreased overall specs, the Lancelot Grail still has too high an output to be effectively used by ordinary pilots. The only existing unit is in the possession of the Britannian Military's anti-terrorist squadron, the Glinda Knights, and is piloted by Oldrin Zevon.
Design and DevelopmentEdit
Although lacking the original Lancelot's Blaze Luminous shielding, VARIS Rifle and Maser Vibration Sword, the Lancelot Grail possesses a new experimental weapon instead: the "Schroeder Steel Swords". Made of an unique alloy known as "Schroeder Steel alloy", the Schroeder Steel Sword not only possesses super-hardness, but also has the property of being able to "clad" accumulated Blaze Luminous energy onto its blade when attached to the Grail's wrist units, thereby turning it into a weapon known as "Sword Blazer". (However, the alloy is still experimental and as such the sword breaks after one use as a Sword Blazer from the accumulated energy.) The Lancelot Grail possesses twelve Schroeder Steel Swords mounted in two cape-like appendage racks attached to its back, with six swords on each side. These racks also have a weapon known as "Sword Harkens", where it fires the swords mounted on the back like a Slash Harken. There are three Sword Harkens on each rack, and each Harken can have a maximum of two swords attached to it. (Presumably, the Sword Harken cannot fire if there aren't any swords attached to the Harken unit.)
Besides the Schroeder Steel Swords, the Lancelot Grail also possesses two Slash Harkens on its hips, and two Factsphere Sensors stored in a compartment on its chest.
The Lancelot also has the ability to dock the Bradford to its back in "Direct Link" mode, thereby forming a combined Knightmare known as the Grail Air Cavalry.
Grail Air CavalryEdit
A combined Knightmare formed from the Bradford (in Fortress Mode configuration) docking to the back of the Lancelot Grail in "Direct Link" mode, designated as the Z-01/T+ RZX-3F7 Grail Air Calvary. In this form, the Lancelot acts as the main unit while Bradford serves as a support pack, directly connecting the Yggdrasil Drives of both frames and giving the Lancelot Grail the ability to fly. The linkage between the two frames is performed by automatic guidance. Unfortunately, the Lancelot Grail's "Schroeder Steel Sword" rack must be unequipped in this form, but in exchange the Lancelot Grail can utilize the weapons of the Bradford, including:
- 2x exclusive-use Dual Arms (Knightmare mode: combinable Tungsten Steel Blade, Fortress Mode: Linear Cannon)
- 2x "Megiddo Harkens"
- Hadron Spear (Formed by the combination of the Megiddo Harkens)
- Crew: One
- Height: 4.42 meters
- Weight: 7.95 metric tonnes
- Power Source: Yggdrasil Drive,Energy Filler
- Cockpit Ejection System
- Blaze Luminous System (for Sword Blazer)
- Factsphere Sensor
- Landspinner Propulsion System
- Detachable Cape-like Back Appendage Racks
- 2x Slash Harkens (Hip-mounted)
- 12x "Schroeder Steel Sword" (シュロッター鋼ソード, Shurotta Hagane Sodo) (can be hand-held, or attached to Sword Blazer or Sword Harken units)
- 2x Sword Blazer (Wrist-mounted) (activated by attaching a Schroeder Steel Sword to the wrist unit)
- 6x Sword Harken (Back-mounted) (fires two Schroeder Steel Swords attached to the Harken unit)
- The Lancelot Grail possesses the same red and gold color scheme and shoulder design as the pre-animation Lancelot, which was shown in images before the airing of the Code Geass anime.