14.78 metric tonnes
The Gareth (ガレス, Garesu) , is the mass-production model of the Gawain. The Glaston Knights switch from Gloucesters to Gareth models prior to the second battle of Tokyo, which is when they were first deployed. Gareths were also widely used during Emperor Lelouch vi Britannia's reign, though they still don't match the numbers of the Vincent Ward, which made made up about half of his Knightmare forces, at the time.
Design and SpecificationsEdit
It has similar gold trim at various points, but its overall design is quite different from it's prototype, Gawain. Its Hadron Cannons (its Primary Weapon) are attached directly to its wrists in place of hands. It has eight Slash Harkens mounted in two quad-barrel launchers attached to the hips. It also has fourteen Missile Launchers, four on each leg and six on its chest. Finally, it has two 3-barrel Machine Cannons mounted on its shoulders. However, like the Gawain, it has an integrated Float System.
- Crew: One
- Height: 6.94 meters
- Weight: 14.78 metric tonnes
- Power Source: Yggdrasil Drive, Energy Filler
- 2x Arm-mounted Hadron Cannons
- 2x Shoulder-mounted 3-barrel Machine Cannons
- 14-tube Missile Launchers (6x Chest-mounted and 8x Leg-mounted (4x per leg)
- 8x Hip-mounted Slash Harkens (divided into two 4-tube launchers)
- The "Gareth" was named after a Knight of the Round Table from Arthurian Legend. Fitting as a derivative of the Knightmare Frame Gawain, Sir Gareth was one of the younger brothers of Sir Gawain