|Full Name||Akito Hyuga|
|Date of Birth||a.t.b. July 4, 2000|
|Height||176 cm (5'9")|
|Known Relatives||Shin Hyuga Shing (Brother)|
Second Lieutenant (Formerly)
|First Appearance||The Wyvern Arrives (episode)|
|Voiced by||Miyu Irino (Japanese)|
|See Code Geass: Akito the Exiled|
Akito Hyuuga (日向アキト, Hyūga Akito) is the titular character and the main protagonist of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled.
He has long blue hair, which is tied in a single braid, and blue eyes, and is shown in promotional art wielding a Wakizashi with a white hilt and square guard.
Akito is an E.U. Knightmare Pilot with a rank of lieutenant from a special force, called W-0, that consists of boys and girls from Area 11. He is shown to be piloting the Knightmare Frames, Gardmare and Alexander.
It appears that he may be mentally unstable, as he is shown to enjoy battle to the point of blood lust, yet he appears completely calm under normal situations. He has a lack of emotion, not tending to display or express his emotions in anyway. He also mentions that he "has died before." At this time it is equally possible that this is due to mental instability.
Akito is under the effects of Geass that he appears to control at will, allowing him to savagely kill his enemies in the battlefield. When he used Alexander to ambush and destroy a full squad of Britannian Knightmare Frames, the enemy pilots referred to him as "Hannibal's Ghost".
Akito can also see the spirits of his fallen comrades and claims that he has already died once. Also he claims that the only reason he is still alive is to kill his brother Shin Hyuga Shing.
He, along with his other Japanese comrades, participated in a military operation with a survival rate of 5% in order to allow the E.U. Army's 132nd Regiment to escape from Narva. Akito was shown fighting the Britannian Knightmares using the Alexander. During the battle there was a red outline circling his pupils, which indicates that he had been previously Geassed. He also managed to destroy all his opponents without any difficulty and, although the military operation came out as a success, Akito turned out to be the only survivor while the rest of his comrades all ended up dead.
Following these events, he joined the retreating troops of the 132nd Regiment and returned to the western part of Europe. Akito was promoted to Lieutenant and then assigned to escort his superior, Leila Malkal. During the failed attempt to kidnap General Gene Smilas by a Japanese terrorist group, he piloted a Gardmare against Ryo Sayama's Glasgow. However, his Knightmare Frame gets destroyed during the battle. He then engages in battle with a grenade launcher and was able to defeat Ryo by bringing his Knightmare Frame down single-handedly.
He is later shown digging a grave for his fallen comrades who had died in the previous military operation. Akito seems to be able to communicate to the spirits of his fallen comrades and also claims that he had died once before.
Ryo Sayama, Yuyika Naruse and Ayano Kosoka attempt to free themselves from being forcibly put in the Wyvern squad as they realize that being in the Wyvern squad is akin to suicide. Yuyika manages to enter Akito's room and tells him that he will die here as he is 'too dangerous to live'. Akito manages to convince Yuyika to drop his handmade bombs. At this point Lelia manages to bring back the other two into the Wyvern squad by voicing her intentions of joining then in the next battle.
He is later seen entering the cockpits of the Alexanders with the rest of the squad which are then attached to their knightmares in an orbital transport
In a flashback Akito and the rest of the Wyvern squad receive their mission briefing concerning their next mission to use the orbital transport to enter behind enemy lines and help the European union army to push back the invading Britannian army. Lelia reveals that she will be joining the mission to act as the operator for a number of drones.
Using the orbital transport rocket the squad members circle the globe and is treated to a sight of the earth. The knightmares separate from the rocket and land behind the Britannian military lines.
Upon landing Akito and Lelia are fired upon by the other members of the Wyvern squad only to be interrupted by shelling by the Britannian's ultra long range cannons. Akito come under fire from a Knightmare squad but manage to destroy the attackers.
The Wyvern squad and their drones come to the town of Slonim only to find that the town is empty. The drones survey the town but are ambushed by Knights of St. Michael's Ashra squad. Akito and the others engage in fights.
Under influence of Geass, Akito savagely fights against the knights with the intent to kill them. This feeling of increased blood lust effects the other members excluding Lelia and causes them to fight with increased capabilities. Akito engages in a fight with Ashley Ashra who is in a red Gloucester. He manages to defeat Ashley Ashra and is about to kill him when one of Ashley's knights Joannes intervenes. Joannes dies under Akito's blade.
However, at this point his brother Shin Hyuga Shing arrives in his Knightmare Vercingtrorix and after a brief battle stops Akito's Alexander. The influence of Geass stops working and Akito and other members see a memory of the past where Akito's brother tries to kill him with his Geass. Akito's brother astounded that Akito is still alive believes that Akito is still alive for his sake and orders him to take a blood oath with the knights of St Michael and offer up his life for his cause.
At this point the members of the Wyvern squad converge to Akito's location. Akito tells them to leave. However by this time Shin Hyuga Shing retreats from Sloim and tells Akito that he will be back for him.
Despite all odds the Wyvern squad manages to complete their mission and is allowed to return home.
In a brief conversation with Lelia, Akito tells her that it is because he and his brother share the same blood that his brother is trying to kill him. He declares that " I've already died once, I'm simply returning the favour."
- In the real world history, Hannibal, also known as Hannibal Barca, was a General from Carthage, the enemy of Rome. He tried to conquer Rome by marching through the Alps using an army that included War Elephants from Spain. He brought great fear and terror to Rome, so much so that the name Hannibal Barca was enough to make all of Rome tremble. Within the world of Code Geass, the expression "Hannibal's Ghost" used in reference to Akito refers to how he managed to destroy several groups of enemies on his own, being the battle's only survivor. This is a reference to how Hannibal crossed the Alps and did severe damage to the Romans with only a small army, which was thinned even more during the journey, and still reached his objectives, just like Akito.
- Suzaku and Akito are very similar.They both are Japanese, both are skillful soldiers, having the same Zodiac sign and both are under influence of Geass that enables them to perform much more expanded capabilities inside a Knightmare. However both influences are exact opposite; while Suzaku is to live, Akito is to die.
- Akito's Seiyuu, Miyu Irino also did Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
- Akito shares similarities with Subaru Sumeragi from Tokyo Babylon and X. Both had a peaceful past with their respective friend only to end up in a tragic outcome leading to the main events of the story. They are also main characters in their respective series as well.
- Akito Hyuga is similar to Shiro Amada from Mobile Suit Gundam 08th Ms Team. Both are strong soldiers who not only fight skilled as a pilot but as a land soldier as well. Their personality also are aggressive which came from their tragic past making them hate their enemies. Their relationship with the female lead is similar as well since both of them have an opposing race.
- Sven Cal Bayan from Gundam Seed CE 73 Stargazer has common with Akito. Akito and Sven are elite soldiers serving in the military to carry out their duties. Unlike Sven, Akito is under influence of a supernatural power as opposed to Sven's super-soldier abilities. Akito and Sven's life was changed forever in their past as Akito's mind was warped by Shin's Geass command "Die" and Sven's parents died under a Coordinator attack only to make him end up being brainwashed by Earth's benefactor Blue Cosmos/Logos. Akito and Sven aren't this hardened since they show sympathy towards their comrades and fallen comrades. The female lead of each series share the same relationship as well.