Akatsuki Command Model Zikisan
The Akatsuki Command Model (暁直参仕様, Akatsuki Jikisan Shiyō) is a variant piloted by the squadron leaders in the Black Knights. It bears a much closer resemblance to the Gekka than the standard Akatsuki Mass Production Model. Nagisa Chiba, Shōgo Asahina, and other squadron leaders pilot dark blue versions. C.C. pilots a pink version of this unit.
Design and SpecificationsEdit
Black Knights engineer Rakshata Chawla designs a commander unit, dubbed the Jikisanshiyō, "Jikisan" being an old Japanese word for the direct subordinates of the Shogun. Boasting performance that surpasses the baseline Akatsuki, one important feature of the Command Model is a pair of Radiation Wave emitters mounted in the head, which allow it to generate a defensive barrier like the Type-02 Guren Mk-II.
It is equipped with similar weaponry than the standard Akatsuki, but carries the full-sized Katen Yaibatou instead of the scaled-down baton version. Among its optional weapons, the 2-barrel Hand Gun and the Radiation Wave missiles are the most common sight. They may also make use an optional Air Glide Wing unit, consequentially changing the machine designation to Type-05S/F2F Akatsuki Command Model Flight-Enabled Version.
- Crew: One
- Height: 4.81 meters
- Weight: 8.26 metric tons (9.25 metric tons in Flight-Enabled Version)
- Power Source: Yggdrasil Drive, Energy Filler
- Kou Kisou Kudourin-type Landspinner propulsion system (高機走駆動輪 lit. High Mechanical Run Driving Wheel)
- Optional Air Glide System
- Cockpit Ejection System
- Radiant Wave Shielding
- 1x Katen Yaibatou (廻転刃刀, Katen Yaibatou) (lit. "Revolving Blade Sword")
- 2x Shoulder-mounted Machine Gun Turrets
- 1x Hien Souga-type Slash Harken (飛燕爪牙, lit. Flying Swallow Nail Fang - スラッシュハーケン, Surasshuhāken) (Left-Chest mounted)
- 1x Left (or Right) Arm-mounted 2-barrel Hand Gun
- 1x Right Arm-mounted Bazooka (in rare cases)
- Right Arm-mounted Radiation Wave missiles x3
- 12-tube Missile Launcher x1 (sometimes equipped to its Air Glide Wing System)